PF Changs on Glades near FAU had the worst inspection of the week with 23 violations including 9 marked high priority. The biggest issues were hand washing and there was a stop sale on white sauce due to temperature abuse and failure to discard.
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Glass washer At 0 ppm chlorine in bar area. Corrected to 100 ppm chlorine. **Corrected On-Site**
- Employee failed to wash hands before changing gloves and/or putting on gloves to work with food. Observed on 5 different instances at the cookline where there seems to be an accessibility problem to the hand-wash sink. Employees washed hands. **Corrected On-Site**
- Employee handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes . Dishwasher handled dirty dishes and then handled clean dishes without washing hands first. Employee washed hands. **Corrected On-Site**
- Employee touched face and then engaged in food preparation and handled clean equipment or utensils without washing hands first. In cookline area. Employee washed hands. **Corrected On-Site**
- Employee touched soiled surface and then engaged in food preparation, handled clean equipment or utensils, or touched unwrapped single-service items without washing hands. Employee went from cleaning to prepping food at cookline without washing hands first. Employee washed hands.**Corrected On-Site**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Lettuce 48-51° F in frontline are cold holding drawers with ambient temperature of 49° F. Lettuce iced down. Corrective Action taken. Cooked chicken 47° F, raw shrimp 49° F, raw beef 47°F and raw chicken 52° F at Meat Drama cooler in cookline area. All foods iced down. Corrective Action taken. Cooked vegetables 58°F, cooked chicken 47° F ,White wine sauces 60°F, lobster sauce 53°F, and pork taco sauce 66°F at Wok Cooler in cookline area. Veggies and chicken discarded, sauces moved to interior of cooler. Corrective Action taken. Tomatoes 50° F at Pantry cooler at cookline. Foods discarded. Corrective Action taken. Cooked pasta 45-46° F and melon at 45° F at Veggie Drama cooler in cookline area. Foods moved to walkin cooler. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food held using time as a public health control marked with a time that exceeds the 4-hour limit. See stop sale. White sauce time marked to be discarded by 3 PM still being used at 3:30 PM. Food discarded. **Corrected On-Site**
- Raw animal food stored in top portion of make table over ready-to-eat food in bottom portion of make table – no complete physical barrier between top and bottom. Raw shelled eggs stored behind battler and cooked chicken in cookline area flip top cooler. Drippings from eggs may contaminate ready to eat foods. Foods moved and properly stored. **Corrected On-Site**
- Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse and for failure to discard foods within 4 hours when using time as a public health control.
This week’s restaurant inspection report is a bit thin as the data only shows 14 inspections in our area. The Chipotle on Glades at Butts Road had a good inspection with only one minor violation.
Our weekly spreadsheet is below.