Residents of Palma Vista are concerned about a project proposed for the south side of Glades Road between Home Depot and 95th Avenue. This would be across from the Glades Road library.
The proposal, called Johns Glades West (or Johns Glade West) calls for:
- 169,000 square feet of commercial space with restaurants, a theater, retail and a grocery store
- A 133,000 square foot parking garage for the stores
- 7 residential buildings, 5 stories each, with a total of 456 units and a clubhouse all totaling 650,000 square feet of residential space
- A 112,000 square foot parking garage for the residences
- A total of approximately 2000 parking spaces
It is our understanding that the developers will make a presentation to the Palma Vista Homeowners Association on November 21st at 7 pm. Some homeowners have expressed concern insufficient notice and about having “5 story buildings looking down on our single family homes.”
This would seem to be a very intensive use of the property with major traffic impacts on Glades Road. Our best guess is that the developer is floating a plan it knows will never get approved and they’ll come in later with a real plan for something much less.
PDF of the project plan is below: