It was a pretty good week for restaurant inspections, and not many of them were done in West Boca.
The worst in West Boca was Restaurante Brasil in Sandalfoot Square, which had 10 violations, 5 of them high priority. This is really not that bad compared to some we have seen recently.
The five high priority violations were:
- Dish washer handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes or utensils without washing hands.
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Dish machine was reading 0ppm. Corrected chlorine solution to 75ppm. **Corrected On-Site**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook line flip top:; heavy cream (56°F); beef (57°F); Fish (55°F); shrimp (54°F); sausage (55°F). See stop sale. Walk in cooler: raw chicken (46°F); raw beef (45°F); milk (47°F); cooked chicken (45°F); beef and cheese pastry (45°F); chicken and cheese pastry (45°F). **Repeat Violation**
- Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse.
- Wiping cloth sanitizer solution exceeds the maximum concentration allowed. Chlorine solution exceeded 200ppm. Manager corrected to 100ppm. **Corrected On-Site**
The other notable West Boca restaurant was Sweet Tomatoes on Beracasa, with 7 violations, 2 high priority. Again this is not bad.
China Gardens on Military Trail in Delray had 13 violations with 3 high priority. Their February inspection was worse.
On the good side we noticed three inspections for Mizner Country Club (Lyons north of Clint Moore). Two of them were perfect and the other one had just one minor violation.
–Update: Holloway’s Irish Pub at Powerline and SW 18th had a perfect inspection. For some reason that record was not in the state data file.–
Chipotle on Federal Highway also had a perfect routine inspection, and there appears to be a new restaurant in Promenade – Rubio’s Coastal Grill had a perfect licensing inspection. Ethos in the same plaza had 5 violations, 2 high priority.
As usual our spreadsheet for the week is below.