The worst of our latest inspection report goes to two restaurants on Wiles Road in Coral Springs. Country Kitchen had 20 violations, with a whopping 12 of them marked as high priority. There were a variety of issues including hand washing, food storage and food temperatures, and a stop sale on a few items. Click the following to see it: Inspection.
China Spring III at 8100 Wiles had 17 violations, 9 of them high priority.
The worst of West Boca was the new Ditmas, a kosher restaurant in the Boca Grove plaza on Powerline. They had 14 violations, 6 high priority:
- Employee handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes or utensils without washing hands. slicing / dicing vegetables in kitchen immediately after using cell phone without hand-washing.
- Employee touching ready-to-eat food with their bare hands – food was not being heated as a sole ingredient to 145 degrees F or immediately added to other ingredients to be cooked/heated to the minimum required temperature to allow bare hand contact. Establishment has no approved Alternative Operating Procedure. – slicing / dicing vegetables in kitchen immediately after using cell phone without hand-washing.
- Nonexempt fish offered raw or undercooked has not undergone proper parasite destruction. Fish must be fully cooked or discarded.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. REACH IN COOLER (Cook Line Cold Table) – quina 53° pickles 52° poco 53(AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 57°) – cooler and food iced down. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food. – in walk in cooler, raw she’ll eggs directly above red sauce.
- Vacuum breaker missing at hose bibb or on fitting/splitter added to hose bibb. – on splitter on mop sink
Long Island Bagel in West Boca Square (the Target plaza) had 23 violations but only 3 were marked high priority.
Maggiano’s near Town Center had 10 violations, 3 high priority.
On the good news side of things, Anthony’s Pizza in Boca Grove and Stella’s Pizza in Boca Greens each had just one minor violation.
Our spreadsheet is below: