Several restaurants at the Town Center hall were hit with big numbers in our latest inspection report. Four of them had twenty or more violations and several had more than ten.
40 Carrots in Bloomingdales had the most big violations with 9 marked high priority including multiple stop sale orders:
- All potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) foods in reach-in cooler cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Continental cooler, 47° soup-stop sale, quiche 42°
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Dish machine chlorine, remade chlorine 50 ppm **Corrected On-Site**
- Employee failed to wash hands before changing gloves and/or putting on gloves to work with food. Was told then washed, **Corrected On-Site**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. 1)Fliptop, Cole slaw 43, salsa 51°, feta cheese 54°, sliced tomato 57°+ sweet potato wedge 54° , raw salmon 52° stop sale 2) Ice cream machine milk on top, chocolate 53°. 3) Front counter, goat cheese 52°, boiled eggs 47°, salsa 45°, shredded cheddar 49°, 4) front counter, hummus 41°-opened last week, more than 7 days per employee.
- Raw animal food stored over or with ready-to-eat food in reach-in freezer – not all products commercially packaged. 2 door freezer, raw salmon over bread, inverted, **Corrected On-Site**
- Raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food. Raw egg over milk in Victory cooler, removed, **Corrected On-Site**
- Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food marked with a date that exceeds 7 days after opening/preparation. 2 door Delfield, front counter, hummus 41°-opened last week. Stop sale
- Stop Sale issued due to adulteration of food product. 2 door Delfield, front counter, hummus 41°-opened last week.
- Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse. 1)Fliptop, salsa 51°, feta cheese 54°, sliced tomato 57°+ sweet potato wedge 54°. 2)Continental cooler, 47° soup overnight. 3) Ice cream machine milk on top, chocolate 53° 4) front counter, hummus 41°-opened last week
The Corner Bistro near Crate and Barrel had 27 total violations with 4 marked high priority. There was a stop sale order for temperature abuse involving five dairy products kept much warmer than the standard.
Pummarola, our favorite pizza place in the food court, had 24 violations with five high priority.
And DaVinci’s had 22 violations though only one was high priority.
Others with over 10 violations in and near Town Center include:
- Sushi Masa Japanese (19 violations, 5 high priority)
- Pinon Grill (17, 2)
- Nordstrom Bazille (14, 6)
- Macy’s Taste Bar (14, 4)
- Hooters (14, 3)
- Tobu Teriyaki Grill (12, 2)
- C R Chicks (12, 1)
- Neiman Marcus Mariposa (11, 5)
- Rocco’s Tacos (10, 1)
Further from Town Center, Fratelli’s Italian Grille in Delray had 19 violations with 6 high priority. Bonefish Macs in Coral Springs had 15 violations, 4 high priority.
There is good news as well in this week’s report. Perfect inspections were reported for Chipotle on Military Trail, Petrossian in Town Center, and the Strikes bowling alley.
Fresh Kitchen on Military Trail was near perfect with two minor violations. Miller’s Ale House on Yamato had 3 minor violations.
Others worth mentioning include Bruce’s of Great Neck with 9 minor violations, and Villagio in Mizner Park with 6 violations, 1 of them high priority.
Our spreadsheet for this report is below: