Inspectors shut down Delray’s Cucina Fra Diavolo after finding roaches:
Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found…..3 live roaches in shelves ,2 live roaches underneath shelf by the ice cream freezer , 2 live roaches inside door gaskets in ice cream freezer , 5 roaches egg cases between shelf in kitchen prep area.
There were a total of 23 violations including 6 marked high priority:
Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, or food storage area. ….live small flying in kitchen prep area and station in front line.
Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit……butter 70°/71° in server station , some butter being held more than 4 hours ( stop sale issue) operator discarded it. , some are 1 hours ( time marked butter )
They reopened the following day after a follow-up inspection. The same restaurant was also shut down for roaches in May of last year. Cucina Fra Diavolo is on Military Trail just north of Atlantic.
Also in Delray (on Atlantic west of Jog), Ho Ho Chinese had another bad inspection. This time they had 19 violations including 3 marked high priority. In December they had 28 violations with 4 high priority.
It wasn’t all bad news. We noticed good inspections for several restaurants. Domino’s Pizza on Powerline wins this report after a perfect inspection with zero violations. Others with good inspections include:
- Chipotle (Glades & Butts) – 1 minor violation
- The Wick (Federal Highway in East Boca) – 1 violation
- Cheri’s NY Top Dogs (food truck) – 2 minor violations
Other notable inspections include:
- Terra Fiamma (Delray Marketplace) – 14 violations, 4 high priority
- El Balcon de las Americas (Powerline in Deerfield) – 14, 7
- Hooters (NW 19th, just east of Town Center) – 10, 2
- Rancheritos de Boca (Somerset Shoppes – Lyons at Glades) – 10, 2
- Bamboo Wok (Coconut Creek) – 7, 1
- Gyroville (near Hooters) – 7, 2
- Pollo Tropical (Military Trail in Deerfield) – 7, 0
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill (Military Trail north of Glades) – 5, 1
Also we saw four licensing inspections. The new Kanpai (Palmetto Park & Federal Highway) had five violations including one high priority, which is not great for a licensing inspection. We’ve been looking forward to this one and will try it.
The other three were perfect: Paladar Colombiano (Federal Highway in Boca); Talia’s Tuscan Market (NE 2nd Street in East Boca); and Hotdogopolis at 6020 N Federal Highway (Boca).
Our full spreadsheet is below: