Two Chinese restaurants in West Boca had the most violations in this week’s inspection report. China Cafe in Loggers’ Run had the biggest overall number with 15 violations. Three were marked high priority:
- Food-contact surfaces not sanitized after cleaning, before use. Do not use equipment/utensils not properly sanitized. – observed manual ware-washing taking place without sanitizer step.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. – cooked shrimp is 47°on wok line cold table is double panned in cold table and stacked high in lexan pan. Other foods on cold temperature are within temperature compliance. Shrimp placed in single metal pan and placed on cold table as other foods. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food. In WALK IN COOLER – raw shell eggs above a soy sauce and caca cola
- Hotdog-opolis in East Boca (12 violations, 3 high priority)
- Gyromania (11, 4) and Sushi Yama (11, 0) in the Garden Shops plaza on Palmetto
- Duffy’s on Hillsboro (10, 3)
- Brooklyn Water Bagel and Brighton Beach Bagel (each 10, 2) on Military Trail in Delray
- Pita N Go on 441 near Sandalfoot (10, 3)
The “Italians” had some of the best inspections this week. Pizza Hut Delivery on St. Andrews near Town Center had a perfect inspection. City Boys Pizza on Sandalfoot and Sal’s Italian in Garden Shops on Palmetto were both near perfect with one minor violation each. Brick Yard Microbrewery near Sal’s also had only one minor violation.
Our full spreadsheet for this week is below: