- Dishwasher handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes or utensils without washing hands.
- Employee failed to wash hands before putting on new set of gloves to work with food. Cook working with raw chicken and moving to other food glove change no hand wash.
- Live flies in kitchen.
- Nonexempt fish offered raw or undercooked has not undergone proper parasite destruction. Fish must be fully cooked or discarded.
- Single-use gloves not changed as needed after changing tasks or when damaged or soiled.
- Cook touch garbage by dish machine the continues to prep food no glove change.
- Wiping cloth sanitizing solution bucket stored near/on/above food preparation surface or food.
Muddy Waters is on Hillsboro, just west of Military Trail, in Deerfield Beach. Second worst in this month’s “Near Boca” report goes to Gordo’s Grill on Sample Road in Margate.
No restaurant had what we consider a perfect inspection (callback inspections don’t count).
The best in this report goes to the new Char Hut burger place on Sample in Coral Springs with just one minor violation in their licensing inspection. Others with good numbers include the popular Colombian restaurant Medellin near the northwest corner of 441 and Wiles Road (2 minor violations); the Panera on 441 near the southeast corner of the same intersection (3 minor violations); and a new place, The Grille at the Bridges, which appears to be for residents of that development and their guests (3 violations including 1 “high priority”). As if you didn’t already want to live there:
The Grille at The Bridges will offer amazing cuisine for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at The Club, poolside and coming soon — home delivery.
Other notables near Boca in November include:
- Jake’s Wayback Burgers – Coconut Creek (18 violations including 2 high priority and a warning)
- Bru’s Room – Coconut Creek (15 violations / 3 high priority)
- Santo’s Buffet – Coconut Creek (14 / 2)
- Big Bite Bagel & Deli (new) – Coconut Creek (14 / 1)
- La Bamba Mexican – Delray Beach (13 / 2)
- NYY Steak in Seminole Casino – Coconut Creek (12/2)
- Blue Agave – Parkland (9/2 with a paperwork warning)
As usual, our full spreadsheet for this report is below.