On raw numbers home prices in The Shores fell 1% in 2016 from the 2015 numbers. The 2016 average transaction came in at $471,000, down from $477,000. As we saw with nearby Boca Isles, the average was distorted by a larger than usual number of “REO” homes sold after foreclosure.
Taking the REO deals out of the data leaves an average price of $489,000 in 2016. Measured in dollars per square foot, prices were still flat at $164/sq.ft. Houses in The Shores took much longer to sell in 2016, averaging 77 days compared to only 36 days in 2015.
The Shores at Boca Raton is a gated community of single family homes located at the far west end of Yamato Road. Typical home prices range from $400K to $600K. Most houses have four or five bedrooms though there are a few with three bedrooms. The neighborhood is zoned for Sunrise Park Elementary, Eagles Landing Middle, and Olympic Heights High, all excellent schools.
The Shores responded to our request for information about updates:
Over the last year we have done many major improvements.
Upgraded security system with new cameras, RFID Stickers, Key Fob at the clubhouse, new gates as well as a new third gate barrier. Also purchased new Security database where residents may update their guests list via internet and mobile app.
- Renovated clubhouse exterior with a new roof, paint, pool furniture, and pool landscaping
- Completed a new Playground
- Renovated the gym. Purchased Cybex treadmills,Cybex arc trainer, Cybex all-all-in-one functional trainer, and Octane Elliptical trainers. Carpet replaced and walls painted.
There are several projects in the works
- Re-design of the front entrance
- Renovation of the children’s clubhouse to include new carpet, furniture and paint
- New sidewalk installed to create better traffic flow to the playground, childrens playroom, and the pool.