Several local restaurants had more than 20 violations in the past month, with East Boca’s Jamison’s Pizza topping the list at 30 (7 high priority). Just behind that with 27 violations, 7 high priority, was Junior’s in Mizner Park.
Jamison’s biggest problem was a stop sale for “temperature abuse” involving not keeping “potentially hazardous” foods cold enough. This is similar to a violation inspectors reported six months ago.
Junior’s also had temperature issues:
Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit.Flip top fry cooler-Liquid eggs (50°F – Cold Holding); Flip top fry cooler-diced cooked ham (47°F – Cold Holding); Flip top fry cooler-cooked onions (47°F – Cold Holding); Flip top fry cooler-sliced deli turkey (50°F – Cold Holding). All products prepped at 9:30. Cold holding temperatures were at 11:30. Moved all products to walk in freezer. All temperatures were under 41°F at 12:30.
Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cooked/heated yesterday/on a previous day not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within a total of 6 hours. Cooked Corn Beef temperature range from 47°-57°, Cooked Brisket temperature range from 47°-54°F and Cooked Pastrami ranged from 47°-55°F all cooling overnight in the walk in cooler.
Others with 20 or more violations include:
- Lemongrass at Mizner Park (25 violations, 6 high priority)
- Palm Beach Bagel on Yamato (23, 7)
- Kasi on Yamato (22, 3)
- Sal’s Italian – Yamato at Congress (21, 10)
- Bluefin Sushi Thai Grill – Yamato at Congress (20, 3)
- Boca Indian Grill in Mission Bay (20, 4)
- Odyssey Diner, Jog Road, Delray (20, 4)
On the good news side of things, KFC on Federal Highway and Tropical Smoothie on Sample in Coral Springs both recorded perfect inspections.
Near perfect inspections were recorded by several restaurants, each with 1 minor violation, including: Moon’s Tavern in Boca Greens, Juice & Java on St. Andrews, Villa Rosano on Clint Moore, and Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Mizner Park.
We also noticed a licensing inspection for Pho Boca in mid-February. It’s on Glades west of Lyons between Stallone’s and Bamboo Wok. For a licensing inspection it was not very good, with 12 violations including 1 high priority. We don’t think they’re open yet and hopefully they’ll get it all straightened out soon. Pho is a classic Vietnamese dish and we can’t wait to try the place.
Ouzo Bay in Mizner Park had a licensing inspection in mid-February, with 5 violations, 1 high priority. We don’t think they’re open yet either but they seem to be close.
For Japanese fans, there was a licensing inspection (4, 1) for Ramen Lab Eatery on NE 2nd in East Boca. Another one we can’t wait to try.
Looks like a new Kosher place on Sandalfoot called Chef 2 Go / Gersh (3, 0)
Other notables were:
- Hurricane Grill in Mission Bay (18 violations, 3 high priority)
- Sushi Yoshee on 441 near SW 18th (18, 2)
- Bluefin Sushi in Parkland (17, 3)
- Sushi Masa on Glades near Town Center (17, 2)
- Shanghai City Chinese on Glades near the Turnpike (17, 2)
- Farmers Table Express on Military Trail (16, 8)
- Millers Ale House on Yamato (12, 4)
- First Watch on St. Andrews (12, 3)
- Hunan City on Yamato at Lakeridge (8, 0)
- Stella’s Pizza in Boca Greens (6, 1)
- Rancheritos de Boca on Lyons just north of Glades (5, 0)
- Duffy’s on St. Andrews (5, 1)
- Smokey Bones on 441 (5, 3)
- Davito’s in Boca Greens (5, 0)
- It’s All Greek on Clint Moore (4, 0)
- Nikuya (aka Kosha) in Loggers’ Run inspected twice, both (3, 1)
- Jersey Mike’s, Palmetto near Powerline (3, 0)
- Teriyaki Madness in Mission Bay (3, 2)
- La Granja Town Center (3, 0)
- Panera in Mission Bay (3, 1)
- Kapow Noodle Bar in Mizner Park (3, 1)
- Einstein Bagels in Shadowood (3, 0)
- Chipotle in Westwinds, Glades and 441 (3, 1)
- Rise Asian Sushi on SW 18th (3, 2)
- IHOP, Glades at 441 (3, 2)
- Pei Wei in Westwinds, Glades at 441 (2, 1)
- Ciluffo’s and Jaspers, both on SW 18th, both (2, 1)
- Chipotle on Palmetto near Powerline (2, 0)
As usual our spreadsheet is below: