East Boca’s Kanpai leads off this week’s restaurant inspection report with a whopping 42 violations. If there’s a bright side, only 2 of the violations were marked high priority.
- Employee touched soiled surface and then engaged in food preparation, handled clean equipment or utensils, or touched unwrapped single-service items without washing hands. – cooked using cellphone and texting while at the same time preparing food on cook line.
- Server handled soiled dishes or utensils and then picked up plated food, served food, or prepared a beverage without washing hands. – server scrapping plates and preparing leftovers-for-take Home, and returning to food service, all with out handwashing
Kanpai had 25 violations back in April.
That was the only truly big number in the report. No other restaurant got more than 20 violations. Notables with 15 or more violations include Nick’s New Haven Pizza near Town Center (17 violations, 4 high priority); Einstein Bagel on Powerline (16, 2); and Dominic’s near Home Depot (15, 2).
On the real bright side, Shake Shack on Glades near FAU had a perfect inspection.
In Mission Bay both Domino’s Pizza and Tijuana Flats were near perfect with 1 minor violation each. There were several others with just one violation including Tanzy, iPic Theater and Rack’s in Mizner Park, Trattoria Romana on Palmetto and Flakowitz on Federal Highway.
We consider two violations to be very good and there were several of those as well:
- Rancheritos de Boca in Somerset Shoppes
- Fit Foodz Cafe on Clint Moore near 441
- Toojays and Manhattan Joe’s Pizza in Polo Club Shoppes
- Toojays near Town Center
- Chick Fil A in Town Center
- Cinemark Theater
Shen’s Peking at Glades and Lyons had 3 violations, 1 high priority.
Way Beyond Bagels on Clint Moore at 441 had 4 violations.
Bruce’s of Great Neck in Boca Greens had 6 violations.
Pho Boca on Glades and Boon’s in Boca Greens had 7 violations each.
And the not-so-great 10 and up club this week counts some of our favorite places: Chow Thai and Thick and Thin Pizza from Sandalfoot Square; Stella’s Pizza in Boca Greens; and Ben’s Deli on 441 at Clint Moore.
As usual our full spreadsheet is below.allinsp-8-26-2018