It was a pretty good week for restaurant inspections. Only four places in had 10 or more violations, 3 of them in or near West Boca. We went to two of them in the past couple weeks.
There were also a lot of good inspection reports, including Teriyaki Madness in Mission Bay.
Terra Fiamma, a popular Italian restaurant in Delray Marketplace, was near the top of our report this week with 12 violations including 4 marked high priority. The high priority violations were:
- All potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) foods in reach-in cooler cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Four draw reach in cooler on cook line at pasta (90-92°F – Cold Holding); rice balls (90-92°F – Cold Holding); raviolis (90-92°F – Cold Holding); spaghetti (90-92°F – Cold Holding), manager discarded.
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Chlorine at 0 ppm, manager changed bucket and primed unit to 100 ppm **Corrected On-Site**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Four draw flip-top cooler on cook-line at chicken (47-51°F – Cold Holding); veal (47-51°F – Cold Holding); oasta (47-51°F – Cold Holding); cooked eggplant (47-51°F – Cold Holding); raw chicken (47-51°F – Cold Holding) Manager discarded
Tempura House on Clint Moore and 441 also had 12 violation, though with 2 high priority related to food temperatures and not properly separating raw animal foods.
The biggest overall number was for “More Than Subs”, which is mainly a catering service and office delivery place based at Rogers Circle off Clint Moore. They had 16 violations, 3 high priority:
- All potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) foods in reach-in cooler cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. REACH IN COOLER – (Cold Table) – Hummas 59F, – Sliced Mushrooms 56F, – Pickled Onions 50F, – Pickles in brine 49F, NOTE: (Undercounter of Same Unt) Yogurt 42F, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 36F. Appears Cold Table Violationals are procedural. **Repeat Violation**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. In WALK IN COOLER – deli turkey 60F Left on slicer. Operator placed in freezer for rapid cooling. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Vacuum breaker missing at hose bibs at Mop sink faucets.
Pho Boca on Glades near Lyons had 10 violations, only 1 high priority.
We see two licensing inspections for restaurants in West Boca. The long awaited Red Boat, a Vietnamese place opening on Glades near Boca Rio, had just 2 violations. We don’t have an opening date yet but we’re checking. Also we see a licensing inspection for Bolay on Beracasa Way.
Perfect routine inspections were reported for the new Blaze Pizza on 441, as well as for Aloha Poke on St. Andrews near Town Center and the Cinemark Theater.
Temper Grille at 441 and Clint Moore was near perfect with 1 violation. Anzo in Shadowood had 2 minor violations and Teriyaki Madness in Mission Bay had 3.
The report shows 4 violations each for J. Alexander’s on Glades near FAU, and for Madison’s New York Grill near Town Center.
Some others worth mentioning this week include
- Chick N Chop on Palmetto Park Road in East Boca (9 violations, 2 high priority)
- Sandalfoot Bagel (8,1)
- Cinebowl & Grille in Delray Marketplace (7, 2)
- The Sea Southeast Asian Bistro on Jog north of Clint Moore (7, 5 – stop sale on Pad Thai sauce more than 7 days old)
- Batch Gastropub in Delray Marketplace (6, 3)
- Century Grill at Kimberly and Lyons (6, 0)
As usual our spreadsheet for the week is below:Inspection-3-10-2019