Four restaurants in West Boca top our list of bad inspections this week, including two Thai restaurants, a pizza place and a bagel joint. And a couple of East Boca restaurants had perfect inspections. Find out more below.
Moon Thai Organic Kitchen off St. Andrews had the biggest numbers this week with 15 violations including 3 marked high priority.
- Nonexempt fish offered raw or undercooked has not undergone proper parasite destruction. Fish must be fully cooked or discarded. – for Fresh Salmon used for Sushi
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Equipment in poor repair. Cookline Cold Table/Undercounter Units Not Cooling properly. – COOK LINE (Cold Table Opposite Fryer) – (Cut Vegetables): Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Carrots, Broccoli Florets, Green Squash, Onions, Green&Red Pepper, Spinach, Sprouts ALL 51F-56F, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 50F. – COOK LINE (Under counter Opposite Woks) – Chicken Breasts 46F-48F, Shrimp 40F-42F, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 48F.
- Vacuum breaker missing at mop sink faucet or on fitting/splitter added to mop sink faucet. **Repeat Violation**
Long Island Bagel in West Boca Square (near Target) and Me-Sen Thai and Sushi Bar on SW 18th near Howard’s Market each had 12 violations.
Nick’s New Haven Style Pizza near Town Center had 11:
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. 0ppm, not pumping sanitizer, manager tried to prime, but still 0ppm. Manager set up triple sink at 200ppm QAC for sanitizing and called for service. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Pizza sauce 56°F, pizza chef stated for less than 2 hours, left outside. Chef placed sauce back into refrigerator. **Corrective Action Taken**
Don Chepos Taco Shop on SW 18th had 9 violations and Lemon Grass Hotpot in Boca Grove had 8.
On the good news side of things Casa L’Italien and Chipotle, both on Federal Highway, were perfect with zero violations each.
Near perfect were First Watch on St. Andrews and Wayback Burgers on 441 in Coconut Creek. They had 1 violation.
We have several more this week in between great and not so much:
- Noisette French Cafe on SW 18th had 6 violations, 1 high priority
- Rise Sushi on SW 18th (6, 3)
- Duffy’s on St. Andrews (5, 1)
- Giovanni’s on Powerline (4, 0)
- Mississippi Sweets BBQ on Federal Highway (4, 2)
- Trattoria Nonna on SW 18th (4, 3)
- Wendy’s in Boca Lyons Plaza (4, 1)
Our spreadsheet for this week is below.inspections-may-3-2019