A West Boca neighborhood clubhouse restaurant was closed due to roaches and rodents. Otherwise our latest restaurant inspection report is mostly good news.
The bad news begins with The Oaks at Boca Raton, a high-end luxury community north of Clint Moore between US-441 and Lyons Road.
There were only two violations, but they were doozies and led to a one-day closure:
- Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach on trash bag box on top of speed rack next to pot/pan storage rack in kitchen 7 live roaches under reach in freezer next to ice machine in kitchen
- Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Approximately 75 rodent droppings on floor under pot an pan storage rack in kitchen Approximately 50 rodent droppings under soda dispenser boxes across from reach in freezer in kitchen 3 rodent droppings inside box of pan line paper on speed rack next to pot/pan storage rack in kitchen
They were cleared to re-open the next day with zero violations.
The biggest number in West Boca was Orchids Garden Chinese off Lyons Road near Century Village. They had 11 violations with 2 high priority including a food storage issue with eggs in the wrong spot, and the dish cleaning machine had too much chlorine.
Other noteworthy restaurants with relatively high numbers include:
- Sushi Yama in Central Boca (9 violations, 5 high priority)
- Zingers in Central Boca (9, 4)
- El Mariachi in Coral Springs (9, 2)
- Mario’s Osteria on Glades near FAU (8, 6)
- The Sea Asian Bistro on Jog (8, 1)
- Ruvens on Jog in Delray (8, 3)
- Boca Bagelworks near the Turnpike (8, 4)
- Sushi Ray off Military Trail (7, 1)
- Bluefin Sushi in Parkland (7, 3)
- Texas Roadhouse on Lyons in Coconut Creek (6, 2)
The good news starts with a perfect inspection for Monet Cafe Near Powerline and Camino Real – zero violations.
CoreLife Eatery and Mobile Cuban Cafeteria both also had perfect inspections.
Carrabba’s and Oli’s, both on SW 18th, were near perfect with one minor violation for each. Burger King on Glades near the Turnpike was also near perfect with one violation.
Several restaurants did well with just 2 violations each:
- Le Bistro 2.0 on Sandalfoot
- City Fish Market on Glades
- Sushi Yoshee on 441 near SW 18th
- La Ferme on Yamato at Lakeridge
- Pukara Peruvian on SW 18th
- Giovanni’s Pizza on Powerline
In the “Not Bad” category we saw a number of West Boca joints:
- Original Pancake House (3 minor violations)
- Benihana in Westwinds (3, 2)
- Packy’s in Loggers’ Run (4, 0)
- Sen Thai in Loggers’ Run (4, 1)
Our full spreadsheet is below.6-14-2020