Denny’s restaurant on Federal Highway in Boca was temporarily closed by inspectors on September 9th after roach activity was found:
Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found, 1 live on bucket on top of ice machine, 2 live on outside walk in cooler wall, 1 live in break room, 1 live on wall entryway of kitchen near dish area. 1 live on wall near office.
Otherwise it was not that bad of an inspection with 8 total violations and just that one marked high priority. The restaurant reopened the same day after a second inspection showed only 3 minor violations.
Although of course finding roaches is a bad thing, it can happen anywhere. This is one of the smallest we have seen and also one of the quickest and most effective clean ups.
The biggest number in our report goes to Bonefish Macs on Sample in Coral Springs. They had 23 total violations with 6 marked high priority:
- Employee failed to wash hands before changing gloves and/or putting on gloves to work with food. Observed a cook change gloves without Washing hands. The Mgr corrected him and he removed the gloves, washed hands and put on a new set of gloves. **Corrected On-Site** **Repeat Violation**
- Outside bar glasswasher chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Observed 0 ppm when tested.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cooked/heated yesterday/on a previous day not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within a total of 6 hours. Food has been cooling overnight. See stop sale. Jerk chicken wings prepared on 9/8/16 in the walk-in cooler are still 45-59°
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) hot held at less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit or above. Observed a cream sauce in hot hold at 114-116°F on the cook’s line. The pan was put on the grill to be reheated. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Toxic substance/chemical stored by or with food. Observed a sanitizer pail with sanitizer in it on a prep table. It was relocated. **Corrected On-Site**
- Vacuum breaker/back flow preventer missing at hose bibb or on fitting/splitter added to hose bibb.
The biggest number in West Boca goes to Tempura House at Clint Moore and 441. They had 13 violations with 4 marked high priority:
- Employee touching ready-to-eat food with their bare hands – food was not being heated as a sole ingredient to 145 degrees F or immediately added to other ingredients to be cooked/heated to the minimum required temperature to allow bare hand contact. Establishment has no approved Alternative Operating Procedure. – employee cutting and trimming broccoli florets with bare hands.
- Nonexempt fish offered raw or undercooked has not undergone proper parasite destruction. Fish must be fully cooked or discarded.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. – COOK LINE (Counter Top) broccoli florets 64° sprouts 54° peas 54°cabbage 49° Repeat Violation – REACH IN COOLER – (Cook Line Cold Table) cooked shrimp 43° BBQ pork 45°cooked chicken 57° cut peppers 58°cut onions 58° **Repeat Violation**
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food identified in the written procedure as a food held using time as a public health control has no time marking and the time removed from temperature control cannot be determined. – sushi rice.
On the good news side of things there’s a new BurgerFi on Atlantic in Delray, just east of the Turnpike. They had a perfect licensing inspection with zero violations.
There’s a new French bakery, Lublu, in Somerset Shoppes (Lyons and Glades) and their licensing inspection showed only one minor violation.
Near perfect routine inspections (1 violation) were recorded by the Chipotle and the Burger King at Palmetto and Powerline, Pei Wei in Westwinds (Glades & 441) and Cilluffo’s on SW 18th.
Other notables include:
Cherry Smash Ice Cream in Coral Springs (2 minor violations)
Five Guys near Town Center (2 violations, both high priority)
McDonalds at Clint Moore and Jog (2 violations, 1 high priority)
First Watch on St. Andrews (2, 0)
Brendy’s at Yamato and Lake Ridge (2, 0)
Vinny’s All Day Cafe (2, 0)
Burger King on 441 near Target (3, 1)
Taco Bell in Sandalfoot (3, 1)
Casa L’Italien at Yamato and Lake Ridge (3, 1)
It’s All Greek on Clint Moore (4, 1)
Gary Woo Express on Yamato (4, 2)
Burt & Max’s in Delray Marketplace (5, 2)
Boston Market in Shadowood (5, 0)
Chow Thai in Sandalfoot (5, 0)
Hurricane Grill in Mission Bay (6, 0)
Brendy’s at Clint Moore & Jog (6, 2)
Einstein Bagel on Powerline (7, 2)
Dunkin Donuts on 441 near Sandalfoot (7, 1)
House of Bread & Coffee, 441 near Sandalfoot (13, 4)
Los Tacos on NE 5th in East Boca (16, 6)
Our full spreadsheet is below: