Restaurant inspectors must have taken a couple days off because we only see 16 inspections in the past week, with very few relevant to most of our readers.
With that said a couple popular places had perfect inspections and one place in Mission Bay did not so well.
Perfect inspections were reported for Chick-Fil-A in Town Center and also for the food service at Coconut Cove Waterpark in South County Regional Park.
The worst inspection this week was for Boca Indian Grill in Mission Bay, though it wasn’t terrible. Inspectors reported 13 total violations with two marked high priority.
- Employee failed to wash hands before changing gloves and/or putting on gloves to work with food.
- Spray bottle with chemical/toxic substance stored near/on/above food preparation surface or food.
La Bamba in Margate is popular with some of our West Boca friends. Their inspection was ok but not great. They had 5 violations with 3 high priority:
- Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired and sanitizing properly. First test 0ppm, advised to use three compartment sink until repaired.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. rice (46°F); per cook had it out to set up the line. Advised to remove cover to cool down faster. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Quaternary ammonium sanitizer not at proper minimum strength for manual warewashing. Do not use equipment/utensils not properly sanitized. First test 0ppm, per employee added water to sanitizer. Advised to removed water and fill three compartment sink with sanitizer only. Second test 200ppm. **Corrected On-Site**
As usual our spreadsheet is below, but there’s not much in it this time.april-7-2019-inspections