Roaches shut down a big Italian restaurant in West Boca. It’s probably not the one you’re thinking of.
That news along with over 70 inspections in our latest report.
Maggiano’s Little Italy near Town Center was temporarily closed by inspectors after dozens of roaches were found. there was also an issue with a dishwashing machine. They had 8 violations, 2 high priority.
- Dead roaches on premises. Observed 4 dead roaches below mixer in kitchen, Observed 15 dead roaches dry storage hallway, Observed 8 Dead Roaches behind traulsen cooler, Observed 1 Dead Roach in rear prep area, Observed 1 dead roach in server dry storage area.
- Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed 1 live roach in dish machine area, operator killed and sanitized area. Observed 1 live roach in rear dry storage, operator killed and sanitized area. Observed 3 live roaches under tilt skillets in kitchen. **Corrective Action Taken**
- Heat strip failed to turn black to indicate the sanitization temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit was achieved on the dish surface and/or high temperature holding thermometer did not reach 160F. Discontinue use of dishmachine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dishmachine is repaired. Main Dishmachine run multiple times, per operator temp sanitation. Total of 5 attempts, thermal strip not changing color. Contacted technician. **Corrective Action Taken**
Others with big numbers include Chill & Grill Pita on Beracasa Way (11 violations, 2 high priority), Smokey Bones on 441 (9, 4), and one of our favorite pizza places, Brooklyn Boys (9, 1).
Old School Philly in Shadowood and Renzo’s Cafe on Clint Moore each had 8 violations.
The good news includes a perfect regular inspection for Chipotle Mexican Grill at 441 and Glades, and a perfect licensing inspection for the new Pizzeria Sophia – in the new Wawa plaza in West Delray at Atlantic and 441.
The Polo Club community had several perfect or near-perfect inspections for the restaurants it has for its members.
Five Guys Burgers near Town Center and McDonald’s on Clint Moore were both near-perfect with 1 violation each.
On opposite ends of the price spectrum, La Casa de Peinado on 441 near Sandalfoot and New York Prime near Town Center each had two violations.
Several restaurants had 3 violations each:
- Panera and Fresh Bites, both in Mission Bay
- Boston Market and Einstein Bagel, both in Shadowood
- Jersey Mike’s Subs in Somerset Shoppes
- Lisa’s Kitchen on Powerline
Chuck E Cheese’s on 441 in West Boca Square had a weird report with two different addresses. One had 3 violations, the other had zero. We’re not sure what to make of that one, but both are pretty good.
There were several other notable local West Boca joints in this round of inspections.
- Prezzo on Military Trail – 7 violations, 3 high priority
- Padrino’s in Mission Bay (7, 3)
- Duffy’s in Mission Bay (7, 3)
- Original Pancake House in Somerset Shoppes (6, 1)
- Picanha Brazil on 441 near Sandalfoot (6, 1)
- Cannoli Kitchen on Yamato at Lakeridge (5, 1)
- Villa Rosano on Clint Moore at 441 (5, 2)
- Lime Fresh Mexican in Shadowood (4, 0)
- IHOP at Glades near 441 (4, 1)
- Chili’s on 441 in West Boca Square (4, 2)
Our spreadsheet is below as an image and also as a pdf.inspections-9-13-2020