THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24th AT ADDISON RESERVE COUNTRY CLUB
Enjoy Golf on a Challenging Course While Supporting
Levis JCC Programs and Services
BOCA RATON, FL (September 20, 2019) – The Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center invites foursomes to participate in its annual Golf Classic. Players and sponsors are invited to participate in the event, to be held Thursday, October 24th at Addison Reserve Country Club in Delray Beach. The event, generously sponsored by the Phyllis and Harvey Sandler Family Foundation, continues a tradition of honoring longtime Levis JCC supporter and Board member Mel Gutmann’s memory and his legacy of service to the Jewish community. His children Eric Gutmann and Lori Fineman, current Levis JCC Officers, serve as Honorary Chairs. The Levis JCC Golf Classic features 18 holes of championship-like golf and a post-play reception honoring individuals and foursomes for their accomplishments on the golf course. The first-place foursome will be presented with the Mel Gutmann Award, while Boca Raton Regional Hospital will be honored for its continued generous support of the Levis JCC.
Led by the Levis JCC Golf Classic Team and a strong committee, the day begins at Addison Reserve Country Club at 10:30 a.m. with registration, a light lunch, warm-up, and a putting contest, before a 12:30 p.m. Shotgun Scramble start. The day concludes with cocktails and dinner, an Awards Ceremony and the presentation of the Mel Guttman Award.
Fees to play in the Golf Classic are $425 for individual golfers, or $1,800 for “Elite Foursomes,” which includes a Tee Sponsorship. Additionally, players, participants, and the community at large are invited to enter a raffle drawing featuring these exciting prizes:
- 2 tickets to Sara Bareilles Concert at BB&T Center on Saturday, November 23 and 5 hours of limo service for up to 10 people provided by Avanti Limo
- Beautiful Jewelry donated by Zo Diamonds
- Unisex Invicta Watch
· $1,000 towards the Levis JCC program/service of winner’s choice or $1,000 cash.
Additional raffle prizes include restaurant gift cards, rounds of golf at prominent country clubs, and retail gift cards. Suggested minimum donations are $75 per raffle ticket or 4 tickets for $250. No more than 300 tickets will be sold. The raffle drawing will be held Thursday, October 24th during the Awards Ceremony. For more information please visit www.levisjcc.org.
All proceeds from the Golf Classic directly benefit programs of the Levis JCC, including:
- Levis JCC Betty & Marvin Zale Early Childhood Learning Center, where children ages five months to pre-kindergarten are enriched with Jewish life as they embark on a journey into a world of learning.
- Levis JCC Helene and Roy Schwedelson Special Needs Department, where individuals with special needs and their families can experience a variety of programs
- specially designed to enhance the lives of children, teens and adults with disabilities; volunteer opportunities as well as resource and referral services are also available.
- Levis JCC Phyllis & Harvey Sandler Center, where adults of all ages connect with friends and others who share similar interests in educational programs, cultural experiences, travel, social events and more.