For our June real estate report we looked west of the Turnpike at single family homes with 2000 square feet or more from the county line up to Atlantic. The transaction that interested us the most was 11351 Timberlodge in the ungated Ponderosa section of Loggers’ Run. Attorney Robert Zimmerman bought the property in 2002 for $454,000 when it was 2800 square feet. He didn’t just remodel but flat out rebuilt, adding on two wings and selling it as a 7200 square foot house.
Outside of that we see consistent signs that the $1M+ market is weak for sellers because of the growing supply of new homes in that category. At the high end this month was 10058 El Caballo Court, selling for $2.2 million. The house is in Tierra Del Rey (west side of 441 north of Rio Poco), with 6900 square feet, its own tennis court and a short par 3 golf hole, all on 3.4 acres. The price is up only $50K from 5 years ago, despite significant upgrades like an added movie theater.
One home sold in The Bridges, 16683 Ambassador Bridge Road, for $875K. The house has three bedrooms in 3200 square feet.
The Oaks: $880K – $2.1M
- 17711 Cadena Drive, with just over 7000 square feet under air and six bedrooms, sold for $2.1M. That’s down from the nearly $2.5M purchase price even after $300K+ in upgrades.
- 17715 Lomond Court sold for $1.3M, up only $5K from 3 years ago. It has 5400 square feet and five bedrooms
- 9327 Grand Estates Way sold for $1.14M, up $20K from 4 years ago. The 4500 square foot four bedroom is loaded with features and sits on a 1/3 acre lot.
- 17891 Monte Vista Drive, a home with a Chinese drywall history that made the Sun Sentinel back in 2009, sold for $880K. The house has seven bedrooms in 5500 square feet.
Boca Falls: $473K – $790K
- $790K – The biggest price in Boca Falls was 21367 Falls Ridge Way in The Estates subdivision. It’s one of the bigger models with 4500 square feet, five bedrooms, four full and two half baths, on the edge of a cul de sac with a lake view and screened in pool.
- $721K – 21351 Falls Ridge Way is the same model two doors over on a corner lot with no lake view, configured as seven bedrooms.
- $628K – 21415 Shannon Ridge Way in Mystic Bay has five bedrooms, four full baths and one half bath in 3200 square feet on two floors on a cul de sac lot.
- $570K – 21312 Rock Ridge Drive in The Estates has four bedrooms and three baths in 3200 square feet on one floor on a standard lot with no lake view.
- $550K – 21468 Halstead Drive in Majestic Pointe has four bedrooms and three baths in 2700 square feet on one floor after a complete remodel.
- $473K – 12336 Antille Drive in The Cascades was a steal at this price, over $75K less than the house on Halstead above.
Two homes sold in Palma Vista, a small neighborhood between West Boca Medical Center and Home Depot.
- 9737 Palma Vista Way sold for $669,000 with 5 bedrooms and 3 baths in 3400 square feet.
- 9826 Palma Vista Way sold for $618,000, also a 5/3 with 3700 square feet.
Boca Isles: $555K – $650K
20083 West Key Drive in Boca Isles South sold for $650,000, with five bedrooms, three baths in 3200 square feet on two floors with a lake view.
Similar without the lake view, 20120 North Key Drive sold for $560K.
And in Boca Isles North, 19091 Cloister Lake Lane sold for $555K, also a 5/3 model but on one floor with 2800 square feet.
Boca Greens – Mid-400s
Three homes sold in Boca Greens, all close to $450,000. The highest price was $464,500 for 10070 Crosswind, a 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with 2200 square feet.
Just behind at $460K was 10375 Canoe Brook with 4 beds and 3 baths in 2500 square feet. The lowest price was $440K for 10400 Camelback, 3/3 in 2400 square feet.
Home prices in Boca Greens have been boosted by Orthodox Jews moving in to be close to the new Chabad.
Boca Winds – Mostly in the 400s
Six homes sold in Boca Winds in June, all pretty close to their original listing prices, and all but one selling in less than two months.
Selling for $620K, 22352 Siesta Key is unusually large for Boca Winds with 4000 square feet, 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths, lake view, a screened in pool and some nice updates. The one-car garage was converted to an office, which artifically juiced the square footage from 3800. It was snapped up by a buyer 3 days after listing for just over the listing price, which makes us wonder if the Broward agent listed it too cheap.
The other five homes all sold in the 400s:
- 22274 Vista Lago Drive sold for $480K, with 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths in 2500 square feet on one floor.
- 12455 Baywind Court, $449K, 4 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 2200 square feet
- 22088 Aqua Court, $425K, 4 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 2300 square feet, and the only one this month without a lake view
- 12045 Quilting Lane, $413K, 4 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 2400 square feet on two floors
- 22225 Collington Drive, $400K, 4 beds, 3 baths, 2200 square feet
Boca Chase – $398K – $454K
Four homes sold in Boca Chase in June. 18319 Coral Isles Drive was the most expensive at just over $450K with 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths in 2700 square feet. At the low end, 18355 Coral Chase Drive sold for $377K with the same model. 18218 104th Terrace sold for $398K with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths in 2200 square feet. And in the middle, 11265 Coral Key sold for $420K with 2800 square feet.
Mission Bay – $415K – $515K
Five homes sold in Mission Bay. The highest price was $515K for 20270 Monteverdi in Sonata, with 5 beds and 3 1/2 baths in 3000 square feet. The rest were in the $400s:
- 10548 Mendocino Lane: $460K, 4 beds, 3 baths, 3000 square feet
- 10933 Ravel Court: $423K, 4 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 2200 sq. ft.
- 11000 La Salinas Circle: $415K, 4 beds, 3 baths, 2300 sq. ft.
- 10349 Buena Ventura Drive: $415K, 4 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 2600 sq. ft.
In addition to the $1.1M Timberlodge house above, four homes sold in Loggers’ Run:
- $650K – 21034 Sweetwater Lane in Winding Lakes Estates with 4 beds and 2 1/2 baths in 3000 sq. ft.
- $583K – 22118 Woodset Lane, Tamarron, 4/3, 2600 sq.ft.
- $543K – 11283 Island Lakes Lane, 5/3, 2950 sq.ft.
- $380K – 11885 Sunchase Court, 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, 2100 sq.ft.
There were several others worth mentioning:
In a bad sign for Boca Reserve homeowners, 12090 Boca Reserve Lane sold for only $730,000. The house has 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths in 4000 square feet. The fairly new home (2013) took 7 months to sell and only got 80% of its original listing price. The sale price works out to about $180 per square foot, which seems very low. We’re not sure why but suspect the discounted commission rate may have discouraged buyers’ agents from showing the house.
On the positive side, 22125 Martella in Boca Rio sold for $505K with 4 beds and 3 baths in 2400 square feet with extensive remodeling. That’s $210 per square foot for a house built in 1988, and it sold in less than a month.
Two large homes in Mizner Country Club sold for $725K (4900 sq.ft.) and $735K (4400 sq.ft.).
In Saturnia, 19555 Estuary sold for $560K, with 5 bedrooms, 3 baths and 3300 square feet.
There were two sales in Saturnia Isles:
9636 Savona Winds Drive – $717K, 5 bed, 4 bath, 3600 sq.ft.
15766 Menton Bay Court – $587K, 5 bed, 3 bath, 2900 sq.ft.
In The Shores, 11133 Sandyshell Way sold for $615K with 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths in 3400 square feet.
Two homes sold in Stonebridge Country Club with fairly good prices. 17887 Litten Drive, a 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath model, sold for $327,500. The much larger 10499 Stonebridge Boulevard (5 beds, 5 1/2 baths, 4000 sq. ft.) sold for $495K, the highest price there in 18 months.
Just east of Shadowood on the north side of Glades, 9664 West Lake Court sold for $401,000, with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths in just over 2000 square feet.