Trying out a new name for our restaurant inspection reports, the restaurant inspectors rat them out. So they rat on them. Rat on … Raton … Not sure this works but giving it a shot.
The biggest number for this week goes to Ichiyami Buffet in Royal Palm Place. Inspectors reported 28 violations. This is not the first time Ichiyami has had a high number. On the bright side there was only one high priority violation:
Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. KITCHEN – three Cases of Aqua-cultered Salmon 48F Sitting on floor at end of hot cook line. Th heads of fish were in some crushed ice.. The bodies and tails were in cool water and no ice. – Moved to walk in cooler **Corrective Action Taken**
Eight restaurants had twenty or more violations reported. In West Boca they included:
- Perrada Del Gordo on 441 (26 violations, 3 high priority)
- Saiko-I Sushi Lounge on SW 18th (24, 3)
- Pita N Go on 441 (22, 3)
- Bagel City South on SW 18th (20, 3)
In East Boca Basilic Vietnamese had 24 violations with 3 high priority.
The worst inspection was Pizza Carousel in Coral Springs with 24 violations including 6 marked high priority and a stop sale:
- Employee handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes or utensils without washing hands. Employee washing dishes. Cook- dropped utensil on floor, sauce splattered on floor, he cleaned the floor with a cloth- no handwash. **Repeat Violation**
- Hot potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food received at less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooked meatballs and sauce at 126F, hot hold for 1 hour, advised manager to reheat to 165F.
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. 24 qts. of cooked marinara sauce as per manager cooling for 2 days in WIC (58°F – Cooling) See Stop Sale
- Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cooked/heated yesterday/on a previous day not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within a total of 6 hours. Food has been cooling overnight. Covered and too deep. 24 qts. of cooked marinara sauce as per manager cooling for 2 days in WIC (58°F – Cooling) See stop sale.
- Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food not consumed/sold within 7 days after opening/preparation. 4 lbs. of cooked chicken breast dated 7-10-18 in RIC as per manager was cooked 2 weeks ago. See stop sale.
- Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse. 24 qts. of cooked marinara sauce as per manager cooling for 2 days in WIC (58°F – Cooling) See Stop Sale
There was one more with over 20 violations – Beijing Palace on Jog Road in Delray had 21 with 3 high priority.
Other big numbers for notables in and near West Boca were:
- Brooklyn Water Bagel on Powerline at Palmetto (19 violations, 3 high priority)
- All Ribs Costelaria on Powerline near Boca Grove (17, 3)
- Japango in Delray Marketplace (16, 6) (“Stop Sale issued due to food not being in a wholesome, sound condition….sushi rice at room temperature being held more than four hours.”)
- Asia on Powerline at Camino Real (16, 3)
- Shanghai City Chinese off Glades near the Turnpike (15, 1)
- Way Beyond Bagels on Jog in Delray (15, 3)
- Casimir Bistro in Royal Palm (15, 3)
- Boca Bagelworks on Glades near Boca Rio (13, 4)
- Sicilian Oven on St. Andrews (13, 4)
- Jersey Mike’s Subs in the same plaza (13, 1)
- Pollo Tropical in that plaza (12, 2)
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza at Boca Grove (13, 2)
- Casa Tequila Mexican on Glades near Boca Rio (11, 1)
- Brickyard Microbrewery on Palmetto near Powerline (10, 2)
- China Cafe in Loggers’ Run (10, 0)
- Mozzarita Bar on Clint Moore in The Reserve (10, 1)
This week’s winners with perfect inspections were LuBlu Bakery & Cafe in Somerset Shoppes, Marlee’s Bistro & Cupcakery on Glades near Boca Rio, Five Guys Burgers near Town Center, and Dunkin Donuts in the Woodfield plaza.
Lucille’s BBQ in Woodfield was near perfect with just one violation, as was Brendy’s in Polo Club Shoppes.
Other inspections worth mentioning:
- McDonald’s at Clint Moore & Jog (2, 0)
- Papa John’s Pizza on Glades near Boca Rio (2, 0)
- Miller’s Ale House on Yamato at Broken Sound (2, 0)
- Burger King on Glades near Boca Rio (2, 0)
- New York Grilled Cheese on Federal Highway across from Mizner Park (3, 0)
- Rotelli’s Pizza in West Boca Square (3, 1)
- Panera on Military Trail near Town Center (3, 3)
- Sushigo on Federal Highway (4, 0)
- Original Pancake House on Glades in Somerset Shoppes (4, 1)
- BurgerFi on SW 18th near Powerline (5, 1)
- Cream in Westwinds near Home Depot (7, 1)
- Hooters near Town Center (7, 2)
- Burgerim in Mission Bay (8, 0)
- Chili’s on 441 at Palmetto (8, 1)
- Jimmy the Greek on Glades (9, 3)
- Yard House in Mizner Park (9, 1)
- Villa Rosano on Clint Moore (9, 1)
As usual our spreadsheet from this report is attached:allinsp-7-28-2018